Open Source Point of Sale is a general Retail Management solution. It has features such as:
- POS - process sales and returns; discount items; and suspend and recall sales
- Inventory Control - create items and kits; categorize inventory items; and use the Low Inventory Report to re-order stock
- Barcoding - print inventory labels with barcodes and sell and receive with a barcode scanner
- Gift Cards - issue and redeem gift cards
- Customer Management - build customer profiles including and capture customers' sales history
- Reporting - analyzie your business with Inventory Reports, Customer Reports, Sales Reports, etc. and export some of these reports to Excel
You can read more about these features on our Product Tour page. These features really aren't enough to help most shoe stores though. Most shoe stores need:
- Inventory Matrix - manage your inventory using color/size/width grids
- Advanced Transaction Types such as Special Orders, Back Orders and Layaways
- Service Items - sell and track services such as shoe repair
- Advanced CRM features such as tracking favourite brands, sizes, colors, widths, birthdays, etc.
- Multi-store features - view which colors and sizes are in stock at your other locations and transfer inventory between locations
- Direct Marketing - data-mine your customer database and print mailing labels and generate email lists based on customer data such as birthdays, buying history, etc.
- Promotions and Customer Loyalty Programs - set up predetermined sales and create Loyalty Programs such as Frequent Buyer Clubs
- Accounts Receivable - print statements, view balances and limits, etc.
- Advanced Employee Management - track commission based on sale amounts or gross margin
- Purchasing - create P.O.s based on your suppliers' own color codes
- Physical Count - use handheld data collectors to save time and improve accuracy
- Accounting - track accounting information such as journal entries and export this information into industry-leading accounting packages, such as QuickBooks and Sage 50 Accounting
OSPOS is open source, of course, so you could add this functionality into the system and use it in your store. Feel free to contact us through the site if you have any questions about POS systems.